Wednesday 8 May 2013

The end of a spectacular, glorious and unrivalled era

Sir Alex Ferguson. 26 years at the helm of Manchester United. Winner of 13 Premier League titles, 2 European Cups, 5 FA Cups, 4 League Cups and 1 European Cup Winners' Cup. His accomplishments will never again be achieved by any manager in this day and age of money grabbing, impatient businessmen in search only for financial success. However, after spending his whole life in football, he still looks shit at celebrating.
I can't dance, I can't sing, the only thing about me is the way I walk. Yes I'm quoting Genesis. So what!? I'm sad and confused!

A sad day for me, a sad day for Manchester United, players fans and staff and a sad day for football in general. It was going to have to come to an end at some stage, I mean, its not as if he would live forever, or be managing the team from his death bed...still furiously chewing gum. Perhaps its the right time considering his close friend Jose Mourinho is leaving Real Madrid at the end of the season. Coincidental? I hope not. 

Ahhh, they love each other!



No comments:

Post a Comment